Pages

Sunday, December 02, 2012

Sunday, busy Sunday!

This morning Sunshine and I went for a 4 mile run! It was hard... and 72 degrees out. It was better than yesterday's run- I had a hard time keeping it up yesterday, but today I kept going.

Then the whirlwind of church, lunch, errands, rehab center, decorating for Christmas, and making dinner. My mother-in-law joined us for dinner- that was a surprise!

We ushered this morning at church- I LOVE ushering. I really just love handing out the bulletins and saying hello to everyone- that's my favorite. I chatted with "Cousin R" (not related, but he has the same last  name as us, so we call him our cousin!), whom I haven't seen in a long time. I was wearing this yellow sweater, and he asked me (very seriously) "Is yellow your signature color? Or is it green?" I love him. I bet he actually has a signature color (and why don't I know what it is???). I'm so fortunate to have a fabulous friend like this.

At the rehab center, everyone was sitting in the lobby listening to music when we came in- that was kind of nice. We got F's dad back to his room and gave him communion, then went and gave two other ladies communion- they are ladies that he sits with at lunch.

We got our lights up today! We had to go get some new ones at Target- they look like gumdrops. And then T went and put his mom's lights up down at their house, and then we all had dinner together.

Right now I'm getting a little stressed out, to be honest. I feel like I'm getting volunteered for things that I really don't want to do, and then that's how I get stressed out during the holidays! I'm not doing that this year though- I'm going to go to the things that I really want to do, and forget about the other ones and not feel guilty about it. Seriously, there are 4:00 services at our church (special things- the choir from TLU, a german service, etc), but I'm not going to all of them. I really want to go to my meditation group- I only went once, but I really enjoyed it. I want to go to that next week.

Looking forward to the week ahead!

No comments: